Part - Time Sales Assistant
Closing Date: 31st May 2022
Weekly Contracted Hours: 8 hours plus overtime as required
Noah is a small, independent, family run business offering an eclectic mix of gifts - specialising in those with ‘soppy’ sentiments and ‘quirky’ quotes – many of which are handmade in Scotland by talented designers and artists.
With kiosks in both Braehead and Silverburn Glasgow we are looking for a friendly and confident individual to join our team with flexibility across the week especially evenings and weekends (including Sundays).
Due to our shift patterns we can only accept applications from over 18s.
- Once fully trained and out-with our busiest periods, you will spend most of your time working on the kiosk alone. As a self-motivated individual who works well under their own initiative you like to keep busy and always seek things to do
- Although you will spend a lot of time working alone you are a good team player and will see how your role contributes towards the common goals of the entire team and business.
- You take pride in your work and your working environment and always strive to do your best for customers
- You have a pro-active, can-do attitude
- You work well under pressure during busy periods and are able to prioritise tasks
- You have good communication skills – essential for keeping team members in the loop about tasks done/still to be done and you’re not afraid to speak up if there is a better way of doing things. We want you to bring your own skills and ideas to the table!
First impressions are everything which makes our customer facing staff so important to our business. We want all customers to have a positive experience, leaving them feeling good and wanting to come back to shop with us again.
You can help us achieve this by:
- Welcoming customers, taking their lead as to what help they may need (and how much chat they would like). Listening to the customer to ensure you understand what they are looking for (and who they are buying for) and recommend a choice of products for the customer to consider. Your ability and desire to learn about our business and the products will help you when advising customers
- Processing transactions accurately through till system and ensuring customers purchases are nicely presented
- Undertaking general housekeeping and merchandising tasks to ensure the kiosk is clean and tidy and that stock is priced, neatly presented and appealing to customers
- Maintaining stock levels by re-stocking and carrying out stock counts as required
- Opening and closing duties as required
- Pension scheme for qualifying staff
- 6 weeks annual leave (pro-rata and includes bank holidays)
- Staff discount
- Monthly payroll
Previous retail experience preferred but not essential
Rate of pay - To be advised – dependent on experience
To apply - Please email your CV along with covering letter (including details of your availability) to email@example.com